Canada Day Canmore Event
The Canmore Canada Day Society and Business Improvement Association invite everyone to join our FREE Canada Day Triviography Game!
Play anytime between 9am and 5pm. Enjoy walking trails around the Bow River and Canmore downtown as you test your knowledge of our great country with friends in our light-hearted and playful Canadiana Game.
Earn bonus points for selfies showing any purchase from local shops (no minimum purchase). Prizes available for top scores and best selfies! Winners announced on social media at the end of the day.
Here's a map of the course. We encourage everyone to keep their activities green: Bike, walk or run to reach as many waypoints as you can between 9am and 5pm on game day.
Sample questions include:
- Which flavor of icecream has a connection to the Canadian beaver?
- What feature of the Canadian flag is unique among flags of the world?
- Can you pick the Canadian from the below list of famous people?
On game day, just download the app, register as a user, then enter access code: "CAN2020" and start playing! Prizes for top scores and best selfies available. Everyone who plays is entered into our prize draw for a 25 minute flight seeing trip for 2 with Alpine Helicopters.
- Questions feature an image and 4 answer options, plus an answer screen to provide additional info and images
- Each team uses one smartphone (with data access) to play
- Teams of 1-4 persons are best (currently teams or 2 or more people must be household members only for COVID-19 safety)
- Questions trigger on your smart phone as you reach each waypoint on the map
- Teams have 3 tries to answer a question, earning more points for answering first try
- Question features can include selfie stations, audio clues, & double or nothing challenges
- We will limit the game to 100 active teams at any time to further ensure physical distancing is being exercised
- Start from anywhere you like (no set starting point to limit chance of group gathering)
- Finish line is set to be anywhere within 100m radius of Centennial Park